Owens MacFadyen Group (OMG) is a boutique Wealth Management firm which specializes in the high-net-worth market. Since 1995, we have been providing a unique team-based approach to Comprehensive Wealth Management that allows our clients to have significantly better outcomes.
We are well respected by our clients and within our industry. Business leaders have recognized us as a key partner in their success. With over 85 employees, we have continued to grow successfully in Halifax, Moncton, Saint John and Toronto.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer– Windows, O365, Azure to join our team in Moncton, Halifax or Saint John offices. Reporting to the Director of IT, you will be responsible for building and leading the solution framework for cloud computing initiatives at OMG.
Systems Engineer – Windows, O365, Azure
The Systems Engineer– Windows, O365, Azure will design, develop and integrate work systems for every stage of a lifecycle making sure that solutions meet all requirements in regard to resilience, security, performance, and availability. The role will also assist in performing tasks related to sustaining the performance and security of OMG’s computer infrastructures (server, storage, network, and cloud). This includes the configuration and deployment of infrastructure software and hardware, ensuring functionality and efficiency as well as troubleshooting infrastructure hardware, software, and related problems.
- Prepare and maintain system and infrastructure documentation and capacity plans.
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding Azure cloud architecture.
- Support the management and maintenance of MS 0365 cloud services.
- Design and revise changes to storage, infrastructure, and enterprise architecture in response to changing requirements.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and optimize network hardware such as routers, switches, firewalls and access points.
- Perform the design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs.
- Integrate and support the development of on premises and cloud- based disaster recovery practices and failovers.
- Maintain a working log that details all required system updates and follow the change management process for implementation.
- Implement best practices for scalability, security, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance.
- Monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alerts.
- Complete project plans and tasks within timelines specified.
- Investigate/discuss technology changes and standards to facilitate technology evolution.
- Test and evaluate infrastructure application software and make recommendations regarding standard configurations.
- Act as a technical lead regarding the enhancement and implementation of systems and information technologies by establishing priorities and scheduling workloads.
- Excellent analytical/cognitive skills to troubleshoot complex and technical problems.
- Ability to adapt and learn new technology quickly.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Solid professional written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve technical issues to meet service level agreements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently with minimal guidance.
- Highly skilled in making correct technical decisions and judgments.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in computer science with specific courses related to IT systems administration, network systems and infrastructure management, or equivalent combination of work experience and training.
- 10+ years’ progressive experience within the Technology, Cybersecurity, and Cloud computing fields.
- Strong background in Windows server administration, O365 management, and Azure cloud services.
- Proficiency in configuring and managing network hardware, such as routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and access points.
- Strong knowledge of network security principles and best practices. This includes setting up firewalls, VPNs, and encryption protocols, and implementing security measures to protect against cyber threats and unauthorized access.
- Experience in installing and configuring computer systems and applications.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud computing services.
- Hands on experience designing and supporting networks and security concepts and tools.
- Hands-on experience administering Microsoft 365, Azure, Active Directory, Exchange, and SharePoint.
- 5+ years experience in leading technical projects.
Benefits of working with Owens MacFadyen Group
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits program
- Leading edge technology with proprietary tools and technologies available
- Positive culture where team members are valued and respected
- Support of ongoing professional development throughout career
- Collaborative team environment
- Commitment to and supportive of community involvement
- 100% in office