Client Complaint Handling Process
OMG Wealth Management Inc. (OMGWM) believes that the fair and timely handling of clients’ complaints is vital to the overall integrity of our firm. The following policy provides an effective framework for dealing with client complaints promptly and fairly.
A complaint subject to this policy will be an expression of dissatisfaction with OMGWM, an employee or an agent alleging misconduct that would reasonably necessitate an investigation based on the circumstance, nature or severity of the alleged misconduct. It may be submitted by a client or a person authorized to act on behalf of the client and may be in verbal or written form.
Alleged misconduct would include allegations of:
- Breach of confidentiality
- Unsuitable investments
- Unauthorized trading
- Inappropriate financial dealing with clients
- Engaging in securities related activities outside of OMGWM
Complaints should be directed to:
OMG Wealth Management Inc.
Attention: Shawn Kodejs, Designated Complaints Officer
1801 Hollis Street, Suite 1001
Halifax, NS B3J 3N4
Tel: (902) 429-6400
OMGWM complaint handling process will follow the following timeline. Upon receipt of a complaint, OMGWM will send an acknowledgement letter to the complainant within five (5) business days of receipt of a complaint. This letter will include:
- Contact information of the individual handling the complaint
- Advising the client to contact this individual for inquires about the complaint
- Explanation of OMGWM internal complaint handling process
- Reference to IIROC’s complaint handling brochure and the statues of limitations
- Ninety (90) calendar day timeline for providing a substantive response
- Request for any information required for the investigation
OMGWM will undertake an investigation and this investigation will try to be completed within 90 calendar days of receipt of the complaint. If unable to complete the investigation within the 90 days, the client and IIROC must be advised in writing and provided with the expected timeline for completion and the reasons for the delay.
OMGWM will respond to the client as soon as possible upon the conclusion of the investigation, but no later than 90 calendar days from the receipt of the complaint. The substantive response letter will include:
- Summary of the complaint
- Investigation results
- Final decision including an explanation
- Copy of the IIROC approved complaint handling process brochure
- Statement describing the clients options if not satisfied with the decision
- Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (if made within 180 days from the date of the substantive response letter)
- Submitting a regulatory complaint to IIROC
- Litigation/civil action
- Other applicable options